Street Safe® is the premiere, nationally recognized situational awareness and personal safety workshop. It is "hands on" and incorporates role-playing, demonstrations and "real-life" mock attacks. The unique success of "Street Safe" has been due to its "interactive" format. Unlike many "safety" seminars which rely on lectures and hand-outs, Street Safe exposes session participants to possible "real-world" scenarios and conditions an appropriate response... fight or flight.
Street Safe has been offered to corporations, not-for-profit and governmental agencies and other organizations where the safety and security of their employees or members is paramount!
AWARENESS AND PERSONAL SAFETY
BE AWARE; BE PREPARED!!!
- THERE IS A VIOLENT CRIME EVERY 19 SECONDS,
- THERE IS A RAPE EVERY 6 MINUTES,
- THERE WERE 5.3 MILLION VIOLENT CRIMES IN 2002,
- THERE IS A PROPERTY--RELATED CRIME EVERY 3 SECONDS,
- 76% OF VIOLENT CRIMES OCCUR WITHIN 5 MILES FROM HOME;
* * BUREAU OF JUSTICE (UCR) 2002
SAMPLE SEMINAR AGENDA
PROJECTING A "NON-VICTIM" PROFILE:
- EYE CONTACT, BODY LANGUAGE, AND VOICE;
- SPACE & DISTANCE;
THREAT RECOGNITION & REACTION SKILLS:
- CONTROLLED ANGER !DEALING WITH FEAR;
- CRISIS MANAGEMENT, PERFORMANCE UNDER DURESS;
- CONFRONTATION SKILLS;
- PERSONAL PROTECTION DEVICES (pepper spray, hand held alarms, whistles);
- HIGH HEELS, UMBRELLAS, CAR KEYS ETC.
- A VOIDANCE,